First aid and sports therapy are critically important for all players at Giffnock SC and as a club we want to ensure access to the correct level of care.
We are delighted to recommend Glasgow Sports Injury Centre http://glasgowsportsinjurycentre.co.uk/about/#
Glasgow Sports Injury Centre successfully treat all types of patients. Professional athletes and amateur sportsmen & women looking to maximize their performance, and people who don’t participate in sports, but still need a non-surgical approach to alleviating aches and pains.
They treat a wide range of overuse injuries, combining the latest in sports therapy, massage, biomechanics and physical rehab. Their non-invasive treatments are effective in restoring pain-free function, and allowing clients to resume their sports and daily activities. They work together with patients to improve performance, without unnecessary or prolonged care.
Appointments last 1 hour rather than the standard 30 minutes with an exercise video supplied at the end of the consultation for continued work.
INJURIES THEY TREAT
- Sports and Exercise Injuries
- Neck and Back Pain
- Sciatica/Sciatica Nerve Pain
- Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Hip Pain
- Knee Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hand Pain
- Foot / Ankle / Plantar Fasciitis
- Pre/Post Natal Back Pain
- Joint, tendon and nerve problems
- Achilles tendon injury
- Any type of tendonitis
- Frozen shoulder or shoulder instability
- Groin injury
- Hip flexor strain
- Knee injury
- Labral tears of hip or shoulder
- MCL, LCL, ACL, PCL, Meniscus tears
- Muscle sprain, muscle strain, and muscle spasm
- Patella tracking issues
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Shin splints and stress fractures
- Tennis elbow and golf elbow